Thursday, January 25, 2007

Top 10 Legislative Issues Nationwide

What is the hottest issue for the Utah State Legislature this session? I’m still trying to figure that out…I guess my vote would go to either tax cuts or education reform. While I’m still a little unclear on the top issues for the Utah Legislature, NCSL seems confident with their 2007 forecast of the top issues nationwide. Or as they put it they measure different policy issues in relation to water’s boiling point…212 degrees. Any guesses on which policy issue hit the 300 degree mark?

I’ll give you a hint…in 2006 there were 570 various immigration related bills introduced nationwide. Looks like that trend will continue. Check here for the full ranking: NCSL's Top 10 Policy Issue Forecast: Heat is on State Legislatures.

No comments: