Sunday, May 13, 2007

So city council meetings aren't so bad, after all

Excellent column in the The Spectrum this weekend written by Steve Kiggins, Cedar City Bureau Chief. I keep telling people that local government finance really is an interesting issue that people should pay more attention to...sounds like Steve agrees. One quote from his column, "In the past 21 months, I've learned more about the world around me than I did in all my years as a sports reporter. That's because I've covered city council meetings, interviewed state, county and city leaders, studied subjects such as health care, taxes and education, opened my eyes to the issues and challenges around me....If you don't pay attention to city government, I urge you to start."

You can read the full column here.

On another note...how about those Jazz? Western Conference Finals here we come (am I jumping the gun?).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No you aren't jumping the gun. The Jazz will win game 5.